New Zealand accommodation options are so diverse, with something for every level of comfort and budget. From quality luxury lodges to back-to-nature camping, the selection of accommodation in New Zealand is varied and plentiful. The standard of accommodation in New Zealand is generally high compared to other countries. Places to stay range from five-star hotels and resorts to friendly bed and breakfast homestyle accommodation and affordable budget and backpacker accommodation. All of them are great places to stay on your New Zealand Holiday. Here, we have compiled a list of some the best places to stay in New Zealand.
Exclusive and Luxury
New Zealand exclusive luxury accommodation offers guests six-star-plus service and facilities, including personal concierge services, fine dining, luxurious amenities, panoramic views and spectacular settings. Luxury accommodation options include luxury hotels, luxury lodges, luxury resorts and luxury homes.
- In Auckland – 216 Luxury Accommodation, Black Fern and Emerald cottage and Villas
- In Wellington – Atahuri, Rydges Hotel and The Thorndon Hotel
- In Christchurch – Hackthorne Gardens, Rydges Latimer Christchurch and The Classic Villa
Backpacker, Budget and Hotels
Backpackers, hostels and budget accommodation offer an affordable option for your New Zealand travel. These types of lodgings provide cheaper accommodation and are ideal for young people, students, groups and free independent travellers on a shoestring budget. Backpacker and hostel accommodation is ideal for those traveling alone who want to meet other like-minded travellers.
- In Auckland – Campus Summer Stays, Fat Camel Hostel and Nomads Auckland Hostel
- In Wellington – 217 Taranaki, Kapiti Holiday Resort and Halswell Lodge
- In Christchurch – Haka Lodge, Amber Kiwi Holiday Park and Motel, 136 on Bealey and Airport Backpackers
New Zealand farm stays provide the opportunity to participate in a genuine Kiwi farming experience. New Zealand farm stay accommodation may include farm tours and fun farm animal activities. Accommodation at a farm stay is a highly recommended experience and would suit families with children especially, but are a viable option for anyone whether they’re traveling alone, with friends or as a couple.
- In Auckland – Hanua Homestead, Canopy Camping Escapes, Pakinui Gardens Farmstay and Radcliffe Cottage
- In Wellington – Greenfields Farmstay and Woodhigh Forest Farmstay
- In Northland – Okopako Lodge Wilderness Farm, The Carriage House and Taiharuru Farms Lodge
- In Christchurch – All Stars Inn, Amber Kiwi Holiday Park and Motel, Campus Summer Stays and Pohato Penguins
Camping and Holiday Parks
New Zealand has a huge selection of campsites and holiday parks, providing ideal accommodation options for families, couples and groups. NZ campsites and holiday parks provide necessary facilities such as powered tent sites, motel units, camper van sites, toilets and running water. All you need for a comfortable kiwi holiday.
- In Auckland – Pakiri Beach Holiday Park, Avondale Motor Park, Clarks Beach Holiday Park and Whangateau Holiday Park
- In Northland – Ahipara Holiday Park, Opononi beach Holiday Beach Park, Pukenui Holiday Park and Riverside Holiday Park
- In Wellington – Campable, Capital Gateway Motor Inn and Himatangi Beach Holiday Park
New Zealand offers several other staying options as well. Like Home Stays, Holiday Houses, Boat Cruise and Houseboat, Apartments, Cottages and Country estates etc.